The Staffordshire Buzzard hide offers you a great opportunity to get close to the local population. Situated on a the edge of an ancient oak wood the hide boasts some fantastic close up views and photographic opportunities of one of the UK’s most beautiful birds of prey. This hide has been built on open ground giving good light and also accompanied with a clean and distant backdrop that allows the photographer to obtain some stunning images.
The hide is available to hire at times when the amount of the Buzzard’s natural feed is lowering therefore increasing the likelihood they will visit the feed. Every attempt is made to ensure the Buzzards make a visit, and up to 6 visits a day occur throughout winter. The Buzzards are completely wild and therefore, visits can never be guaranteed.
You will enter the hide before sunrise and will leave after sunset. This is to protect the chances of seeing these very shy raptors. Leaving the hide during daylight will most likely deter the chance of Buzzards visiting.
Booking Terms & Conditions
1. The hide is situated on a working farm and at times may have horses in the paddock, The field maybe wet and muddy so please wear appropriate footwear.
2. Please close any gates or doors
3. Photography is only permitted from inside one of our hides. Please make sure that you enter and leave the hide quickly and quietly in order to respect and protect the wildlife.
4. FULL PAYMENT is required upon booking, this is non refundable, however, if you have unforeseen circumstances this will be transferable to a later date.
5. Meeting times are specific, if you are later than 30mins your day maybe lost.
We will meet at a pre-arranged time at: The Nags Head Pub, Rugeley Road, Burntwood, Staffordshire, WS7 9HA
Max 2 participants